Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Script: #3 // Album Review



I've been a HUGE fan of The Script ever since "The Man Who Can't Be Moved," mainly because of their Indie-alternative-ish (or whatever) sound. Aside from Danny being a real hottie, this band wrote songs that really left me having an LSS that's why I memorize every word and every line in their first two albums The Script and Science & Faith.

But now, I don't know.

#3. Obviously, it's their third album. I've waited for this!! When I learned that they will be releasing a
collaboration with Black Eyed Peas' Will.i.am, I was hyped. Totally. When I heard it, first thing I thought: "It's not really what I expected to hear from the The Script, but not bad!" Then: "Maybe the other songs would be better, so let's just wait for the whole thing. We'll see then."

So here's the complete track listing.



1. “Good Ol’ Days” 4:23
2. “Six Degrees of Separation” 3:52
3. “Hall of Fame” (featuring Will.i.am) 3:22
4. “If You Could See Me Now” 3:39
5. “Glowing” 4:46
6. “Give the Love Around” 4:24
7. “Broken Arrow” 4:34
8. “Kaleidoscope” 3:41
9. “No Words” 4:05
10. “Millionaires” 3:11



The moment I got hold of these songs, I immediately tried to digest the whole thing. Point is, I cant! (:<) All that goes into my mind was: "What's this? Is this The Script?" Really.



I was waiting for the old The Script sound. That straight to the heart tune that first caught me. But, instead of being lost in the feel of the songs, I found myself lost in understanding what they were talking about. I just think that there is too much urban influence going on in this album and the rap parts are too much. Just Saying. "We Cry" way back in 2009 is more than enough to showcase Danny's rapping skills.

I was expecting an album to sing along with, not an album to rap along with. (=.=)

BUT!! It's not all that bad. Once I got the hang of it, I loved the songs. No doubt they're really good. 

My favorites are:
  • Six Degrees of Separation (I think it's the only song that has THE SCRIPT written all over it)
  • If You Could See Me Now
  • No Words
Nonetheless, I'm still a fan of The Script. I'll be waiting for their fourth, in the high hopes of getting that same old The Script sound.

7 comments:

  1. I also noticed this, that they have more than enough rap parts in this album, but I think it's great. I didn't like "Hall of Fame" at first but when I understood and memorized the lyrics, it became one of my favorite songs. Maybe they're trying to prove that The Script is not just about songs for the broken heart. There's nothing wrong that they changed something in their music. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like Hall of Fame alright. It's just that I liked the script because of their soulful alternative music. Now it's half-gone.

      Delete
  2. Good review, pretty realistic and not the kiss-ass type. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like their collaboration with BEP. :< I want I still want the man who can't be moved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DANNY <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 DANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved as much ass you'llreceive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored matwrial stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the
    following. unwell unqusstionably come more formerly again as
    exactly tthe same nearly a lot often inside cas
    you shield this increase.

    Feel free to visit my website: small kitchen renovations

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think?