Friday, July 26, 2013

Unlimited Sweets @ Love Desserts

Just when I thought I could go back to my less-sugar-less-salt-more-water diet, my good friend Anj took us to a place one commute from our school. Who could refuse a dessert buffet?


For only P199 per person, you could choose from a wide array of sweets - cakes and pastries, chocolate treats, fruits, candies, ice cream, milkshakes, iced tea, crepe, coffee, halo-halo and even some stuff like empanadas, manggang hilaw & bagoong, lumpiang shanghai and other finger foods (probably to give your taste buds a break from all the sweets).


How cute are these?
Sylvannas - Anj's & Anna's fave. 

Once you enter Love Desserts, you'll see this refrigerator that holds all the cakes (all yummy-looking) and you'll really get all excited. Buffet 101: Don't get all too excited or else you'll get full too soon. Just like what happened to us. We were overwhelmed with what we see that we forgot that we have 2 hours to stretch, and we're already too full just by the first hour. 

The halo-halo and milkshake station. (Boo, I didn't get to try the halo-halo.)
Crepe station -  with lots of toppings to choose from.
For crepes and milkshakes, you could ask the crew to prepare some for you.

Milkshakes: Coffee Crumble (too sweet -Joy), Vanilla (which I tried, it tastes normal), Chocolate, Buko and Melon.
Crepes: Peach, Strawberry, Blueberry & Banana.
I tried the peach and Angel got the strawberry. Mine was kind of fresh and tangy, in contrast with her strawberry's too-sweet and straight from the bottle effect. Their crepe batter is slightly bland for me, but what's crepe without ice cream, right?

Ice cream from Big Scoop. I had Vanilla with my crepe and Calamansi Sorbet as my last scoop and it was so refreshing.
Ice cream toppings!
Blogger Review by the tissue. srsly.
Before I forget, We went there on a rainy afternoon. Yes, we're rebels like that. So, combating the flooded Espana and the nonstop rain, a serving of lugaw is welcome. Too welcome, I should say. Their lugaw (porridge) is ah-mazing. Perfect for the weather, and perfect to remove the excessive sweet taste.




Joy, probably satisfied, and Angel, enjoying her ice cream.

Did we overstay? I think the waitress was almost going to make us leave. Hi Em! :)

HAPPYNESS :) Photo credits to Angel.


We'll definitely go back - probably after exams. :)

* * *
xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?